[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have successfully pointed a domain name at your Obodo shop. [/intro]
Obtaining a domain for your Obodo shop is essential as it helps customers find you quickly and easily online. You can purchase a domain name from EKM Domains or from another domain provider, and then point that domain at your Obodo shop by amending the A Records of the domain. If you have already purchased a domain, click on the applicable Guide below to begin:
- Pointing your 1and1 domain at your Obodo shop
- Pointing your 123 Reg domain at your Obodo shop
- Pointing your Google domain at your Obodo shop
Alternatively, if you have not purchased a domain from one of the providers above, you will need to follow the steps in this Guide.
Locating the Domain Name page
1. Log into your Obodo shop account and click the Settings tab:
2. Click Domain Name on the top left:
3. Select Use an Existing Domain Name:
4. Select The Domain Name Is Not Being Used:
5. Add your domain name - with the ‘www’ - into the field provided, and click Add Domain. You’ll also see the IP address above - you need to copy this number:
6. Your next step is to log into the account you hold with your domain provider and add two A-Records to your domain. The first one needs to be 'www' pointing the IP address you copied from your Obodo shop earlier. The second A-Record needs to be '@' (or on some platforms, the provider will need an '*' instead) and again, this needs to be pointing at the IP address of your Obodo shop.
When you have amended these settings on your domain, you then need to wait for 24-36 hours for propagation to occur and for your domain to point to your Obodo shop.
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]