[intro] Before you begin this guide, you need to open an account on EKM Domains - click here to find out how. When you have completed this Guide, you will have purchased a domain name and pointed it at your Obodo shop. All you will have to do after this task is completed is wait 24-36 hours for propagation to occur and your Obodo shop will officially be live! [/intro]
Purchasing an EKM domain name
1. Enter the first part of the domain name you would like into the yellow search bar and click the Check button:
2. Click the Add button next to the domain name you would like to apply to your Obodo shop:
3. Click the Continue button:
4. Confirm your details and then press the Continue button:
You don’t have to add an email address yet if you don’t want to, but you do require one for using on your Obodo shop. You can read more about adding an email address to your EKM domain name here.
5. Click the No Thanks button:
6. Click the Checkout button:
7. Click the Checkout Button:
8. You’ll then see the Processing message:
9. Click Continue:
10. You’ll then be returned to the EKM Domains dashboard.
Pointing your EKM domain at your Obodo shop
When you purchase any more domains from EKM Domains, these will automatically be pointed at the Obodo shop linked to your EKM Domains account. The following steps explain where to check to see that your domain name is pointed correctly.
1. Click the Domains icon:
2. You’ll then see your new Domain listed. Click the Domain button:
3. This will display the details of the domain. Click Advanced DNS:
4. Under the A Records header, you’ll see that the A-Records have been created for you automatically, and the domain has already been set to point at Obodo shop:
5. For the final step, you need to return to your Obodo shop account (which should still be open on a different browser tab) and On the Domain Name page, you should see both versions of your domain name have been listed:
The new domain name is now successfully pointing at your Obodo shop. All you need to do now is wait 24-48 hours for the domain name to propagate fully.
[remember] All changes made to domain name settings - regardless of the provider - will always require time for the changes to take effect. Pointing a domain name to a destination can take anywhere between 12 and 36 hours to propagate. [/remember]
- Setting up a Domain for your Obodo shop
- Adding Stripe to your Obodo shop
- Setting up Delivery
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your Obodo shop
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]