[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will know how to add Pattern Variants onto your Products using the Add/Edit Product window.[/intro]
[remember] Before you begin, you need to prepare your images. For each Variant Choice, you will need at least one Product Image and one Pattern Image. A Product Image is the primary Product Image for the Variant Choice, whilst a Pattern Image is a close-up of the pattern or design of the Variant Choice.
Each image must be square and measure 1024 x 1024 pixels. You can upload images that are as large as 2000 x 2000 pixels or as small as 500 x 500 pixels as these will automatically be resized but we recommend 1024 x 1024 pixels for the very best results. [/remember]
Pattern Variants are very different from Colours, as they refer to an image of a Variant Choice instead of a solid colour. This makes them ideal for use with patterned Products such as fabric, wallpaper and cosmetics.
Before you begin, you need to have completed this Guide so you can understand the best way to display Products with Variants on your EKM online shop without affecting your customer's experience or page speed.
Manually adding Pattern Variants
1. Click the Create Variant button under the Colour header:
2. Tick the box at the top of the window to make the Variant Choices visible on the Category Pages, then give the Variant an appropriate name such as ‘Pattern’, ‘Colour’ or ‘Style’. Give your first Variant Choice a Name and then click the circle in the Colour Column:
3. Clicking the circle will reveal a drop-down menu. Click the Upload File button. This will open the File Explorer window, allowing you to locate and select the right image from your computer. Select your Pattern Image for the first Variant Choice and click Open:
4. This will apply the Pattern image to the circle symbol. Click the green + symbol to add the Variant Choice:
5. Repeat this process with the rest of your Patterns, until each has been added. When you have finished, click the green Save button:
6. You will then see all of the different Variant Choices listed within the Add Product window. Here you will be able to amend the Price of each of the Variant Combinations if you need to, simply by clicking in the fields provided. Click Edit next to your first Variant Choice:
7. You will then need to click the Images & Photos tab to the left-hand side:
8. Click the Add Images button:
9. Click the Edit pencil symbol to upload your primary Product Image - making sure it’s pattern coordinates with its Variant Choice Name - which will reveal two options. You can either Choose Existing - select a Product Image which has already been uploaded onto your File Manager - or Upload New - to add a new Product Image to your EKM online shop from your computer. Select the most appropriate to add your Product Image:
10. When you have added the first image, aim to add more Product Images until the full row is completed to guarantee the best level of customer experience. Customers like to see the Product at different angles, with Images concentrating on specific Product Details. When you have completed this task, click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand corner and then click the ‘Return To Master Product’ tab on the top right-hand side of the window:
11. Click the Edit button on the next Variant Choice down, repeating the process steps 6-10 above, so that each of your Variant Choices has a primary Product Image:
12. When you have added primary Product Images to each of the Variant Choices, click the Save & Close button on the bottom right-hand side of the Add Product window:
13. When you view the Product on the Product Page, you’ll then see that you can click the Pattern samples to rotate through the different styles available:
- What are Product Variants?
- How to make Drop-down Variants
- How to make Variants with Colours
- How to make Variants with Sizes
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]