[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will know how to link to an external website and where to add, edit and delete Webpages. You will have also populated your About Us page for your Obodo shop.[/intro]
- Organising Webpages
- Populating your Webpages
- Creating new Webpages
- Creating your About Us Page
- Linking to an External Website
The Webpages on your Obodo shop are the pages which are usually populated by large bodies of text, such as FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions), About Us and delivery or returns information.
1. To access the Webpages on your Obodo shop, from your Dashboard, click the Design tab:
2. Then on the red bar, click the link to Webpages:
3. This will take you to the Webpages area, where you can edit the titles, delete the pages and access them to edit them:
You can arrange the order that your Webpages appear in by clicking the hamburger symbol (the three horizontal bars to the left of the WebPage names) and dragging it up or down to adjust the position of a Webpage within the list:
The two pages labelled Extra are empty and waiting to be populated, however, if you need more than those two, simply create more. You can add as many Webpages as you need to your Obodo shop.
Populating your Webpages
1. The Extra pages are empty and waiting to be populated. To rename them, simply type the new Webpage name into the field, tick the Active box and click elsewhere on the page to save it:
2. The page will update with the new page name in place - all you need to do then is to populate the Webpage by clicking the Edit Page button:
3. This will open the Edit Webpage where you can add the content for your page:
[tips]If you're not sure what kind of Webpages you need to create on your Obodo shop, this Guide lists the bare minimum you need to create, regardless of what kind of Products that you sell. [/tips]
Creating new Webpages
1. When you have used your two Extra pages, if you still need more Webpages, simply add the name of the new Webpage into the field provide and click the Add Webpage button:
2. You’ll then see the new Webpage listed. Click the Edit page button to add some content to this new page:
[caution]If you are copying the text from elsewhere, such as a Microsoft Word document or a website, ensure that you paste it into the NotePad application first (if you’re using a PC, run a search for NotePad, but if you are on a Mac, use TextEditor). Paste your copied text into that application first before copying it again from NotePad to the Edit Webpage window.
Using this method ensures that any hidden code used to format the text or third party coding is not carried onto your Webpage, so you will not encounter any issues such as bullet points that don’t line up properly and text in different sizes and colours throughout the paragraphs.[/caution]
Linking to an external website
From the Manage Webpages page, you can also link to external websites too. This is useful if you have a company blog on a separate platform to your Obodo shop, for example.
1. Click the blue Redirect button to the right of the Webpage titles:
2. This will refresh the page, and you’ll then see a field where you can add the address of the external website you would like to link to:
3. Add the URL to the field provided and tick the Active box. The page will refresh again. Finally, change the Page Name from ‘Extra’ to something more fitting:
4. Now if you check the front end of your Obodo shop, you’ll see a link to your external website listed alongside the rest of your Webpages:
If you intend to use a lot of Webpages on your Obodo shop, you may want to organise them into Groups. Click here to read the guide.
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]