[intro] When you have completed this guide, you’ll understand all of the different features of the Dashboard of your Obodo shop. [/intro]
When you log into your Obodo shop account, the first page you will see is the Dashboard. From here, you can access the different sections in the back end of your Obodo shop, check up on any updates that have been applied to the platform, contact the Customer Support Team and post in Obodo Community.
Across the top of the screen, the tabs will take you to the different sections in the back end of your Obodo shop:
The Shop tab includes:
- The editable version of your Obodo shop;
- The ability to add Products, Categories and Webpages;
- Edit your Design Images using the Image Builder;
- Create your Logo using the Logo Builder.
The Orders tab includes:
- The Orders Page, where you can see all of the orders on your Obodo shop;
- An area where you can view Customer Accounts;
- The ability to create Quotes.
The Design tab includes:
- The ability to change your Theme;
- Access to the File Manager;
- A place to customise the look of your Checkout Flow.
The Features tab includes:
- Access to the Features you have installed so far;
- The ability to add more Features;
- Links to third-party integrations.
The Settings tab includes:
- Links to EKM Domains;
- The ability to configure your Tax, Currency, Stock Control, Order Restrictions and many more comprehensive settings;
- Access to add additional fields to your Checkout Flow.
To the upper far left-hand side, you’ll see ‘Hide’ and ‘Help’. When you click ‘Hide’ it will hide the navigation bar, allowing you to see the full view of your Obodo shop Dashboard. Clicking ‘Help’ will reveal:
- Visit Support Centre - this will direct you to our Support Centre where you can find a wide range of written Support Guides and videos to help you set up your Obodo shop;
- My Support PIN - when you contact the Customer Support Team, they may ask you to confirm your Support PIN for security purposes. This PIN is updated on a frequent basis to ensure the security of your account;
- Contact Support - this links you to a page where you can create a ticket for the Customer Support Team to look at, and also lists any previous or open tickets you have with them;
- Community Group - here, you are redirected to Obodo Community, our closed Facebook Group where you can speak to various different members of the Obodo Team and other Obodo online shop owners for inspiration;
The final tab, which will state your Account ID or the name of your Obodo shop, will reveal this window:
Here you’ll find your Account ID, which consists of six characters (usually letters and numbers which are necessary for identifying your account).
Looking further down the Dashboard to the rest of the elements, dependent on how far your shop is during the building and completion process, you’ll see:
This is to give you an idea of how much more you need to do to finish building your Obodo shop and get it ready for accepting sales.
The Customer Support Team
Below the Account Manager element, you’ll see:
In this element, you’ll see the email address you need to contact our Customer Support Team and your current Support PIN, which they may ask you to confirm. You’ll also see the buttons that will redirect you to Obodo Community (our closed Facebook Group).
When you have set up your Obodo shop and begun to receive orders, you will then see the Dashboard Stats listed at the top of the page. The Dashboard Stats show you at a glance how well your shop is doing, and how these figures are displayed depends on the drop-down menu to the top left-hand side. The default is for the Last 30 Days, but you can also select the day, the week, the month or previous calendar months:
Page Views Today refers to the number of pages within your Obodo shop that have been viewed today. Please note that this is for just page views, and not the number of people that have visited your shop. Therefore, you could have had 1 visitor and 15 page views (where one person has looked at 15 different pages) or 3 visitors and 15 page views (where 3 visitors have viewed 5 different pages each).
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]