[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed the Related Products feature on your Obodo shop and will be able to set Related Products for all of your existing Products. [/intro]
The Related Products feature is an excellent way of encouraging additional sales by selecting a number of other Products that your customer may be interested in and displaying these on a Product Page. This is especially useful on shops where Products are used in conjunction with each other, or in the case of clothing - worn together. It’s also an excellent way of tempting customers to visit additional Product and Category Pages on your Obodo shop.
Installing the feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Scroll down to the More Features box and click the Related Products icon:
3. Click the green button to the bottom right-hand side of the screen:
4. You’ll then see this image:
5. The feature has been installed is ready for you to configure it.
Manually Adding Related Products
To begin, you will need to manually set up some Related Products on a single existing Product. After you have done this, you can then decide whether you want to repeat this process on all of your Products or if you have a lot of items for sale, to use this first Product as a template to add Related Products to the rest of your Products using a spreadsheet and the Import/Export System feature.
6. Click the Shop tab:
7. Click the Edit Content button:
8. Then click the Edit Content button to open the Edit Product window for that particular item:
9. Click More Options on the left-hand side of the window:
10. Click the Related Products tab:
11. You’ll then see this list of ‘folders and boxes’ icons. When you have selected your three Related Products, click the Save & Close button:
Each ‘folder and box’ icon represents a Category. If there’s a green cross next to a Category, it means that there are existing Products within that Category - simply click the green cross to see them.
Products have a ‘box’ icon, and you can select a Product by clicking the grey box next to it. A red star symbol on the box indicates what Product you are currently adding Related Products to. What you need to do here is select three Products that would be suitable Related Products. It’s always a good idea to start with three to begin with, as how they display depends on the Theme you have applied to your Obodo shop.
Ideally, you need one full row of Related Products - so you don’t create any negative white space on the Product Page - and limiting the Related Products to a single row means that the Product Page will remain shallow ensuring a positive customer experience (as they won’t have to scroll down lots to see all of the content).
12. Now you need to visit the Product Page and take a look at how the Related Products display with your Theme. Three Products looks fine but there is some spare space, so it is worth adding an extra Related Product to populate this:
[remember]It’s important that when adding Related Products that you add three first, and then check how they display before adding any more. Again, you are aiming to create a single row of Related Products on the Product Page - anything more can negatively affect your shop in terms of design and customer experience.
With this in mind, it's also important that you choose whether to use the Related Products feature or the Recently Viewed Products feature, but not both together. This is because when both are added to your Obodo shop, they can increase the depth of the Product Page and the Recently Viewed Products feature will not be immediately visible. [/remember]
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]