[intro]In this Guide, you’ll find out how to install and configure the Quick Announcement feature on your Obodo shop, which will allow you to highlight specific Category, Product Pages or Webpages to your customers, promoting specific lines or discounts to suit. [/intro]
The Quick Announcement feature is useful if you want to highlight a specific Product, Category, Webpage, offer or promotion to your customers. This feature adds a banner throughout your Obodo shop featuring plain text and a single block colour which can be customised to suit.
You can also add a clickable button to this banner which can direct the customer to a specific Category, Product Page or Webpage. This feature is particularly useful if you regularly have several offers running at once on your Obodo shop, as you can use the Design Images on your Theme for some promotions, and the Quick Announcement for others.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down to the More Features box and click the Quick Announcement icon:
3. On the next page, you need to click the green Install feature button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
4. Within the feature, you need to tick the box on the far right-hand side of the page:
5. This will reveal all of the other settings you can configure on the Quick Announcement bar. Add your announcement into the field provided:
[remember] You can add up to 123 characters (including spaces) into the Message field. Remember to double-check your spelling, punctuation and grammar before configuring the rest of the Quick Announcement bar. [/remember]
Configuring the Button Link
1. You can add a clickable button onto your Quick Announcement bar if your text requires it. If you want to add a button, tick the Button box and add the text you would like to display in the Button in the field below:
[tips]If you are running a competition or promotion, it’s a good idea to create a Webpage promoting the offer and its rules which you can link to. Make sure you publish the Webpage and make it visible before you set up the Button Link on your Quick Announcement bar.[/tips]
2. Your next step is to link the button to a Product Page, Category Page or Webpage on your Obodo shop. You will need to get the URL of the page you want to link to. To do this, click the button on the right of the Button Link field:
3. This will open a window where you can select either a Category Page or a Product Page by clicking the + symbols to view different Categories and Products:
4. When you have located a Category or Product you would like to link to, click it to highlight it before clicking the green Select Link button on the right-hand side:
[remember]If you want to link to a Webpage instead of a Category or Product Page, simply open a new tab on your browser and visit your Obodo shop via the domain name, the way a customer would. Navigate your way to the Webpage you would like to link to and copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser.
Return to the browser tab displaying the back-end of your Obodo shop and paste the URL into the Button Link field. Your Quick Announcement bar Button will then be able to link to a specific Webpage. [/remember]
Customising the Quick Announcement
5. In the final element on the page, you can choose what colours are used on the Quick Announcement bar and if you’ve utilised it, the Button Link too:
6. To change the colour, click the Colour Picker box:
7. This will then open the Colour Picker winder where you can select a colour from the window on the left-hand side by using the slider and clicking within the window, or by pasting a hex code into the field provided:
8. When you have selected the colour you would like to use, simply click elsewhere on the page to close the Colour Picker window down. There’s a Preview of your Quick Announcement bar at the foot of the page. When you have configured the colours, text - and if applicable, the Button Link too - you need to click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]