[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will know how to apply Promo Stickers to the Products on your Obodo shop. [/intro]
- Installing and configuring the Feature
- Uploading your own Promo Stickers
- Advanced Options
- Adding a Promo Sticker to a Product
Using the Promo Stickers feature is a good way to highlight any new Product lines or Products on offer to your customers as they can see Promo Stickers at a glance by simply glancing down the Homepage or Category pages. Used sparingly, Promo Stickers are very effective, especially if you have created your own versions which match the aesthetic and branding on the rest of your Obodo shop.
Installing and configuring the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. Scroll down to the More Features area and click the Promo Stickers icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. This is where you can customise the style of Promo Stickers that you can use on your Products, the size they will display at, upload custom Stickers and more.
Sticker Style - If you amend this drop-down menu, you’ll see the style of the Promo Stickers in the Preview area below will change accordingly. You will need to pick a style which is aesthetically pleasing for your brand and your Products.
Sticker Size - This drop-down menu dictates the size that the Promo Stickers will display at within your Product Image. Again, you can preview this below.
Custom Stickers - You can also upload your own Promo Stickers to this feature to really personalise your content.
Uploading your own Promo Stickers
Before you upload any images to the Promo Stickers feature, you need to ensure that they are the correct format first. You will need to use .png images with translucent backgrounds, which will prevent the Promo Sticker obscuring the actual Product Image.
Your image needs to be around 100 pixels wide, and the height depends on the shape of the design itself. When you have created your .png, upload it to TinyPng to optimise it.
[tips] When you are creating your own Promo Stickers, be careful when using text within your image as this can be hard to read when the Custom Promo Sticker has been applied. Stick to one or two words with a large, clear font for best results. [/tips]
1. You then need to return to your Obodo shop and open the Promo Stickers feature. Click the File Manager button:
2. This will take you to the Design Images tab within the File Manager. Click anywhere within the grey box to open the File Explorer and select your Custom Promo Sticker from your computer:
[tips]Remember to name your custom Promo Sticker a title that has no spaces in it to enable it to be correctly selected within the Promo Stickers feature. [/tips]
3. When you have uploaded your Custom Promo Sticker, return to the Promo Stickers feature, and paste the name of your custom Promo Sticker in the field provided, before clicking the Add Sticker button:
4. You will then see your Custom Promo Sticker previewed within the Custom Stickers area:
If you scroll further down within the Promo Stickers feature, you’ll see the Advanced Options header. Click it to reveal these advanced settings. Here you can amend where Promo Stickers are displayed within your Obodo shop and how they are displayed upon the Product Images. When you have made any changes, click the green Update button in the bottom right-hand corner:
Adding a Promo Sticker to a Product
1. To manually add a Promo Sticker to a Product, click the Shop tab:
2. Ensure that your Edit Content button is turned on:
3. Then you need to navigate yourself to a Product you would like to add a Promo Sticker to and click the Edit Content button:
4. Within the Edit Product window, click the Images & Photos tab:
5. Scroll down and you’ll see all of the Promo Stickers listed below. First, you will see the standard Promo Stickers which you selected within the Promo Stickers feature, and after this any Custom Promo Stickers that you’ve added. Simply tick the box next to a Promo Sticker to apply it to your Product Image, before clicking Save & Close:
6. The Promo Sticker, when applied, should look something like this:
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]