[intro] Before you begin, it's a good idea to organise your Navigational structure so you know what you need to create. When you have completed this guide, you will have added Categories and Subcategories using the Advanced Inventory Manager feature. [/intro]
When you have created your navigational structure on paper, you can then create it on your Obodo shop.
1. The best way to do this is to click the Features tab:
2. Then open the Advanced Inventory Manager feature, by clicking it:
3. To add the Categories to your website, you need to click the Home symbol in the column to your top left:
4. This Home symbol represents the homepage of your Obodo shop. Clicking the Home symbol highlights it in green. When it is highlighted, click the Add Category button on the purple bar to your top right, which will open the Edit Category window:
5. This Category will be the first of the Main Categories visible on your homepage. Add its name to the Category Name field, and click the Save & Close button on the bottom right of the window:
Repeat this process until you have added all of your master/main Categories.
Adding Subcategories via Advanced Inventory Manager
1. To add a Subcategory to an existing Main Category, click the Main Category to highlight it green:
2. Then click the Add Category button as before:
3. Add its name to the Category Name field, and click the Save & Close button on the bottom right of the window as before. This will create a Category within your existing Main Category. When you have created some Subcategories, you’ll see this signified within the menu on the left-hand side of Advanced Inventory Manager. A Category that has Subcategories is signified by a blue cross next to it. Click the blue cross to reveal the Subcategories held within the Category:
[tips]Don’t worry too much if you accidentally create a Category folder in the wrong place. Click it to make it green and then drag and drop it into the folder you want it to belong to. [/tips]
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]