[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have created a logo for your Obodo shop using the Logo Builder. [/intro]
If you've just opened up your Obodo shop account and you've not yet had a logo created for your new venture, the Obodo Logo Builder will allow you to create a simple logo within minutes for use on your shop, on your Design Images and on your social media platforms too.
Locating the Logo Builder
1. From the Dashboard, click the Shop tab:
2. Ensure that the Edit Design button on the top right-hand side is white (turned on):
3. Then click the Edit Element next to the logo, and from the drop-down menu, select Logo:
4. This will automatically redirect you to the Design page, where you’ll see the following window displayed. Click Create New Logo:
5. This will launch the Logo Builder:
Editing the Logo Text
6. In the field on the top left-hand side, you need to add the name of your Obodo shop. Below that, you add your strapline, which is usually a few words describing your brand, although completing this field is entirely optional. The final field is for an icon - if you want to use an icon in your logo, use this field to search for a specific keyword and select an icon from the results:
7. When you have added your text, you can edit the font and colour by clicking it to reveal a text menu where you can customise it. You can use the dots surrounding your text to resize the logo by clicking them and dragging them diagonally. You can change the position of the text next to the icon by simply clicking and dragging it too:
Editing the Icon
8. To amend the colour of the icon, click it to reveal a window where you can use a Colour Picker to select its colour, or alternatively, enter a hex code by highlighting the existing hex code and replacing it with your own:
[tips] If you've not designed a logo before, here are some basic rules you should adhere to for the best possible results:
- Consider the colour of the logo against the Theme you have added to your Obodo shop; the logo needs to be visible, easily read and not clash. Don't add a red logo onto a green background, for example.
- Double-check your logo and strapline for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Download a copy of your logo so that you can incorporate it into Design Images and on your associated social media for your shop.
- Use an easy to read font - complicated and detailed fonts should not be used when the shop name consists of abbreviated letters, like 'YMCA' for example. [/tips]
Saving your Logo
9. When you have finished designing your logo, you need to click the blue Save Logo button in the bottom left-hand corner of the Image Builder:
10. This will reveal a window where you can choose to apply the logo to your Obodo shop or download it to your computer. It’s a good idea to do the latter first, so you have a copy of the logo that you can use on other platforms - such as a Twitter Profile or Facebook Page for example. Click Download logo:
11. This will automatically download a copy of your new logo to your computer. Now you need to click Apply To Shop:
This will then redirect you to the Shop page of your Obodo shop, but you’ll also see the Logo Settings Tab overlaid on the left-hand side of your screen. You can use the slider to select how big or small you would like your logo to display. Bear in mind that when using this slider, on the Theme that you’ve added on your Obodo shop, there may be a restriction to the size of the logo so it will not be able to be above a certain height or width.
This is to ensure that the Theme is not disrupted by an overly large logo as this is not best practice and logos that are too large provide a negative customer experience; they force the customer to scroll down to see anything on the page. Therefore, a smaller - yet readable - logo is considered best practice, and if you want to increase the exposure of your logo, you can use the downloaded version in Design Images throughout your Obodo shop.
12. When you have finished resizing your logo, simply click the green Update button on the bottom left-hand side of the page:
[remember]If your logo does not increase in size, this is because the Theme has limited to the size of the logo, to ensure that the Homepage is effective. This is to ensure that the Theme is not disrupted by an overly large logo as this is not best practice and logos that are too large provide a negative customer experience; they force the customer to scroll down to see anything on the page. Therefore, a smaller - yet readable - logo is considered best practice, and if you want to increase the exposure of your logo, you can use the downloaded version in Design Images throughout your Obodo shop. [/remember]
13. This will return you to the Design Page in your Obodo shop. Click the green Save Logo button to apply it:
14. Now click the Shop tab to see your logo on your Obodo shop:
16. You’ll notice that if you click your new logo, it will automatically refresh the page. It’s standard practice on not just online shops, but on websites and blogs too that if you click the logo, you will be directed by to the homepage.
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]