[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have cleared the cache, cookies and temporary files from your browser. [/intro]
If you are finding it difficult to log into your Obodo shop, or your Edit buttons are visible but no longer accessible, the chances are that you need to clear the cache on your browser. Follow the instructions below to clear the cache and resolve your issues.
1. To clear the cache and cookies for individual sites on Safari, click Safari on the top left-hand side of the screen and select Preferences from the drop-down menu:
2. In the window that opens up, click the Privacy tab, and then click the ‘Manage Website Data’ button:
3. You’ll then see a list of sites that you’ve visited listed in a window:
4. Click a site to highlight it and click the Remove button in the bottom left-hand side of the window to remove cache and cookies for it from Safari. Alternatively, click ‘Remove All’ to remove the cache and cookies for all of the sites listed. Click the 'Done' when you've finished. When you have completed this task, close the browser down by clicking the X in the top left-hand corner:
5. By closing the browser down completely, you are forcing it to ‘rebuild’ itself when you launch it again. Launch Safari again and then log into your Obodo shop, using your browser as normal.
[tips] You can also use the hidden Developer menu to clear just the cache (and not the cookies) for all sites listed by your browser. To access the Developer Menu, click Safari, and then click Preferences. Click the Advanced tab, and then tick the box to show the ‘Develop Menu in Menu Bar’, before clicking the X to close the window down:
You’ll then be able to click Develop on the top of the screen, and scroll down the menu to select ‘Empty Caches’:
When you have done this, close Safari down completely before launching it again. [/tips]
- Clearing the cache on Google Chrome
- Clearing the cache on Edge
- Clearing the cache on Firefox
- Clearing the cache on Internet Explorer
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]