[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the Social Plugins feature onto your Obodo shop with some or all of the suggested social media platforms. For each platform you have linked to your Obodo shop, you will have also have learned how to customise that platform to match your branding, recognise what kind of content you need to create for that platform and how to target potential customers on that platform.[/intro]
It's essential that when you have created your Obodo shop that you produce some social media to promote it. Social media is essential especially if you don't have a paid advertising budget; creating an online buzz about your Products can encourage traffic to your Obodo shop and in turn, this produces lots of organic backlinks which also aid you in terms of getting ranked higher in search engine results too. There's a lot of e-commerce sites out there for you to compete with online; some of them are huge and well-established whilst others are small and very young. Some online shops will have dedicated staff who manage complex advertising campaigns and dependent on your industry, you will probably be trying to compete with some very big companies. The advantage that you have - even if you can't yet afford to invest in online advertising - is by managing and planning your social media yourself; quality relatable content posted online can work wonders in terms of attracting new customers to your Obodo shop and it costs nothing more than time for you to make this happen.
Within this guide, you'll learn how to install the Social Plugins feature on your Obodo shop, which is used to link to your different social media accounts. When you have installed this and created social media accounts specific to your Products and your brand, be sure to read our Social Media Strategy guide which will help you learn to define and produce content to publish online for the best possible impact.
Installing the Social Plugins feature
1. To install the Social Plugins feature, log into your Obodo shop and click the Features tab.
2. Then click the Social Plugins icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. Each of the icons within the feature represents a different social media platform, and each can be used to attract customers to visit your Obodo shop.
5. The Choose Social Plugins drop-down menu to the right selects where the icons should be displayed on your Obodo shop. We recommend adding the logos to the homepage, with the Share button located on the Product Pages. This ensures that when customers visit your homepage, they can easily locate and follow you on different social media platforms, whilst on the Product Pages, they can share your Products on their own social media accounts. Select Product Page from the drop-down menu and drag one of the Share buttons into the lower box:
6. When you have configured the Share button on the Product Pages, simply click the green Update button to the bottom right of the screen. Now you need to change the drop-down menu back to Main Menu and link social media accounts dedicated to your Obodo shop. You don’t have to create an account on every platform on offer however it is beneficial if you at least set one up, as the content you generate becomes backlinks on social media and that will help you display higher up in search engine results, as well as making it easy for new customers to quickly locate your Obodo shop.
Configuring each Social Media Account
To set up an account on each of the platforms, click the links below:
- Facebook Page
When you have connected your social media accounts to your Obodo shop, you then need to develop your Social Media Strategy; this ensures that going forward, you have defined what to post and when on each of your accounts to encourage potential customers to visit your shop and to raise awareness of your Products and your brand.
[contact]If you need our help with your Obodo shop, contact our Customer Support Team, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you have a non-account specific question ask the Obodo Team, join us in the Obodo Community on Facebook. [/contact]